I-215/Van Buren Blvd. Interchange Improvement Project
Check out the video of the I-215 VAN BUREN BOULEVARD INTERCHANGE PROJECT on YouTube!
The project is located on Interstate 215 between PM R32.3 south of Van Buren Blvd. and PM R35.9 north of Van Buren Blvd. and on Van Buren Blvd. east of Opportunity Way ending south of March Airfield Museum. Improvements include reconfiguring of the interchange ramp, realignment of I-215, replacement of two existing bridges and local street improvements. The proposed new overcrossing bridge is a two span continuous 7.25′ deep cast-in-place prestressed concrete box girder bridge approximately 318.70′ in length and 98.42′ in width. New overhead bridge is a single span x 20 ea. precast/ prestressed girders 141.96′ long and width varying from 154.98′ to 151.38′. Proposed work also includes the construction of northbound loop on-ramp, realignment of northbound on/off ramps and widening/realignment of southbound on/off ramps, and widening freeway in both directions to accommodate the new ramps, construction of roadway approaches on Van Buren Blvd in both directions. Construct storm drainage improvements, utility relocations, streetlight, signals, irrigation, and landscaping.
- Overcrossing Bridge over Freeway.
- Grade Separation over BNSF RR.
- CIP-PS Box Girder Bridge (single span).
- Stage Construction/Temporary Detours.
- CIP-PS-Box Girder Bridge.
- Driven Piles.
- MSE Walls/Retaining Walls.
- Drainage Systems Improvement/reconstruction.
- Utility Relocation/Coordination.
- Multi Agency Coordination.
- Unique Landscaping Features.
- Roadway Widening, new alignment.
Status:Completed, No Claims, within Budget and On Time.